Bergen is pleased to offer a growing number of core and specialty programs in both Construction Management and Construction Administration and Licensing. For professionals in the field, we recommend one of our certificate programs in Construction Management, Construction Document Technology & Field Construction Management or Construction & Project Management. If you are interested in becoming a NJ State-licensed Uniform Construction Code inspector, please see all of the NJ state-approved programs Bergen offers.
Construction Management Programs
Please register early. For more information, please call Roseanne Crisafi at (201) 447-7488. You can register online or over the phone. If you do not see anything listed in our current offerings, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Steps Toward Construction Administration and Licensing
- Sub-Code Official (Administrative)
- Construction Code Official (Administrative)
- RCS – Residential Commercial Structures (Building Inspector licensure)
- ICS – Industrial Commercial Structures
- HHS – Hazardous High-rise Structures
- Attendance requirements are mandated for each course by the state; however, attendance does not ensure licensing. Prerequisites for all courses will be enforced by the Licensing Bureau, New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs.
- After successfully completing each of the required courses, please contact Experior Assessments (800) 864-5309, for a candidate guide (a licensing requirement), which will enable you to sit for the state exam.
- For information on how to apply for your license, contact the New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs, Bureau of Construction Code Services by calling (609) 984-7834.
- The New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs offers students a 75% reimbursement of the tuition for qualified applicants. If you have any questions about qualifying for any of these courses, you must talk to the Department of Community Affairs before you register! 609 984-7834. There are no refunds once classes are started.
Technical level courses must be taken in sequence. Please register early. For more information, please call Ria Bloss at (201) 447-7466. You can register on-line or over the phone! -Or- email email@example.com.
List of Courses & Programs Currently Open for Registration:
This 20-hour in depth course is an extension of CD 405 Basic to Intermediate Blueprint Reading going into greater detail on commercial and heavy commercial construction including site work, mechanical and electrical systems, structural steel, reinforced concrete, and provides updated information on the National Electrical Code, (NEC), LEED Certification information and more.
Please bring the textbooks to the first class session.
Required Prerequisite: CD 405 Basic to Intermediate Blueprint Reading, All prerequisites must be completed prior to registering for this program.
Required text: Building Trades Print Reading for Heavy Commercial Construction – Fourth Ed., “Heavy Commercial Construction,” Building Trades Print Reading “ Heavy Commercial Construction Plans”. Textbooks are available at the BCC Bookstore, order online or call 201-447-7174.
This 40-hour in depth course is an introduction to reading blueprints and architectural working drawings, understand how to use scales, read symbols, learn to locate and interpret sections, profiles and cross sections, learn to read and understand schedules, details and notes.
Please bring the course textbook to the first class session. This course must be completed prior to registering for: CD 582 Construction Estimating Basics and CD 136 Advanced Blueprint Reading.
Required texts: Building Trades Print Reading Part 2 – Sixth Ed. – Residential & Light Commercial Construction, Building Trades Print Reading Part 2 “Plans” published by American Technical Publishers. Textbooks are available at the BCC Bookstore.