Bergen is pleased to offer a growing number of core and specialty programs in both Construction Management and Construction Administration and Licensing. For professionals in the field, we recommend one of our certificate programs in Construction Management, Construction Document Technology & Field Construction Management or Construction & Project Management. If you are interested in becoming a NJ State-licensed Uniform Construction Code inspector, please see all of the NJ state-approved programs Bergen offers.
Construction Management Programs
Please register early. For more information, please call Roseanne Crisafi at (201) 447-7488. You can register online or over the phone. If you do not see anything listed in our current offerings, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for assistance.
Steps Toward Construction Administration and Licensing
- Sub-Code Official (Administrative)
- Construction Code Official (Administrative)
- RCS – Residential Commercial Structures (Building Inspector licensure)
- ICS – Industrial Commercial Structures
- HHS – Hazardous High-rise Structures
- Attendance requirements are mandated for each course by the state; however, attendance does not ensure licensing. Prerequisites for all courses will be enforced by the Licensing Bureau, New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs.
- After successfully completing each of the required courses, please contact Experior Assessments (800) 864-5309, for a candidate guide (a licensing requirement), which will enable you to sit for the state exam.
- For information on how to apply for your license, contact the New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs, Bureau of Construction Code Services by calling (609) 984-7834.
- The New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs offers students a 75% reimbursement of the tuition for qualified applicants. If you have any questions about qualifying for any of these courses, you must talk to the Department of Community Affairs before you register! 609 984-7834. There are no refunds once classes are started.
Technical level courses must be taken in sequence. Please register early. For more information, please call (201) 447-7488. You can register on-line or over the phone!
List of Courses & Programs Currently Open for Registration:
The 30-hour Construction OSHA Outreach Training Program is intended to provide a variety of training to workers with some safety responsibility. Training emphasizes hazard identification, avoidance, control, and prevention.
Course attendees must have 2 forms of I.D.; one must be a State I.D. with a photo. At successful course completion, a $10.00 fee is due to the instructor to receive the 30-hour Construction Safety OSHA Certification I.D. Cards delivered after the course has ended.
IMPORTANT NOTE: According to OSHA regulations: to receive certification absolutely
NO LATE ARRIVALS, NO MISSED CLASSES, NO REFUNDS.
This 40-hour in depth course is an introduction to reading blueprints and architectural working drawings, understand how to use scales, read symbols, learn to locate and interpret sections, profiles and cross sections, learn to read and understand schedules, details and notes.
Please bring the course textbook to the first class session. This course must be completed prior to registering for: CD 582 Construction Estimating Basics and CD 136 Advanced Blueprint Reading.
Required texts: Building Trades Print Reading Part 2 – Sixth Ed. – Residential & Light Commercial Construction, Building Trades Print Reading Part 2 “Plans” published by American Technical Publishers. Textbooks are available at the BCC Bookstore.
This 45-hour course is divided into four main areas: Administration, Legal Methods of Code Enforcement, Legislation and Sub-Code. This course reviews the duties of the construction code official.
Prerequisite: Sub Code Official