Students will build on their essential sewing skills, while learning new skills, including Industrial Sewing Machine operations. The Project for this course is a tailored Shirt/Blouse in a Cotton or Cotton-blend fabric. Through this project, students will learn custom construction techniques to achieve a professional-looking tailored Shirt/Blouse.
Total Program Hours: 30 hours
Prerequisites: CD-592 | Sewing Essentials
Classroom: West Hall, Room-323, Paramus
- Pattern: NEW LOOK #6232 Misses’ and Men’s Button Down Shirt (Size A), Available at https://bit.ly/3h3fTUq
- Paper Scissors and Tape Measure
- Industrial Sewing Kit: Visit or call the College Campus Bookstore at 201-445-7174 to purchase.
- Cotton or Cotton-Blend Fabric, Fusi-Knit Interfacing, Thread & Buttons
- Fabric Scissors
- Seam Ripper
- Fine Straight Pins
- 18” Clear Plastic Ruler
- White or Yellow Tailor’s Marking Pencil
- #8 or #9 Sharps – hand sewing needles
- You may need to purchase other notions/trims for your project.
If you have any questions regarding the supply, please contact your professor, Barbara Arata-Gavere, at [email protected].
Course: Intermediate Sewing
|Start Date||End Date||Fee|
|April 6th, 2024||June 15th, 2024||$450|