Students will learn basic hand sewing techniques, and sewing/overlock machine operations. They will learn the fundamentals of fabric grain, pattern layout, cutting, sewing, pressing and hand finishing, through a variety of sewing projects, which includes learning how to utilize commercial sewing patterns.
Total Program Hours: 30 hours
Classroom: West Hall, Room W-323, Paramus
- Pattern: New Look Sewing Pattern Misses’, Men’s, & Teens’ Separates
Item Number N6859 https://tinyurl.com/4tjnyuth
- Industrial Sewing Kit : Call the College Campus Bookstore at 201-445-7174 to purchase.
- 1 yard of solid cotton fabric or cotton sewing muslin
- 1 spool of contrasting color thread
- #8 or #9 Sharps – hand sewing needles
- 18” clear plastic ruler
- Fabric scissors
- Dressmaker pins
- White or yellow tailor’s marking pencil
- Seam ripper
- Tape measure
If you have any questions, please contact your instructor, Barbara Arata-Gavere, at [email protected].
Course: Sewing Essentials & Techniques
|Start Date||End Date||Fee|
|March 23rd, 2024||June 8th, 2024||$450|